The Republic of Kenya eVisa is an electronic authorisation from the Government issued in PDF format. It is the equivalent to a visa, but no stamp or label is placed in the passport. The eVisa is an entry requirement to travel to and within Kenya for any of the following reasons:
Anyone travelling to Kenya is required to present a visa at the port of entry. Minors aged 16 and under do not require a visa to enter Kenya.
eVisa Kenya Instructions:
- The eVisa Kenya is a single entry visa.
- The eVisa once issued is valid for ninety (90) days.
- eVisa holders may remain in the Republic of Kenya for a maximum of ninety (90) consecutive days after the initial entry date.
- Once the first 90 days have passed, visitors may renew their visa at the immigration headquarters in Nairobi, and stay an extra 90 days.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least six (6) months from the date of arrival and it must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control officer to place the entry and exit stamps.
- All applicants must have an individual passport regardless of age.
- Applicants are required to carry a copy of their eVisa at all times during their stay.
- eVisa holders are required provide their travel itinerary on arrival, e.g.; hotel bookings, invitation letter for business or family visits.
Citizens of the countries listed below are eligible for the eVisa for the Republic of Kenya:
All eligible applicants with a valid passport may submit their eVisa Kenya online application here.
Additional evidence requirements:
A scanned color copy of the of the biographical page of the applicant’s current passport.
Recent passport-style color photo:
Photograph dimensions should be 5.5cm x 5.5cm.
The head should be centered in the photo and cover about 70% of the photo.
It must show a full, clear, and front view of the applicants face.
Must have a white background.
Head should be, unretouched, centered and in focus.
Applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin.
The photograph must be recent, no more than 6 months old.
All hats or headgear should be removed for the photo unless worn daily for religious reasons. In such cases your facial features (eyes, nose and mouth) must be visible in the photograph.
Applicant’s expression should be natural, with both eyes open, closed mouth, and looking directly ahead.
Scanned or colour photocopies of your passport photo will not be accepted.
- A proof of travel, such as a confirmation email from hotel reservation, flight confirmation, invitation letter or travel itinerary.
Entry Requirements to enter the Republic of Kenya
Applicants must travel to Kenya with the following documents:
- A valid passport valid at least 6 months on entry with two blank visa pages.
- Sufficient funds.
- Proof of return/onward ticket.
- Proof of hotel confirmation.
- Print of eVisa confirmation.
Applicants will receive email notifications and updates, regarding their eVisa Kenya. Once the application is complete and approved, it will be directly sent via email to the applicant.
Check your application status here.
eVisa for the Republic of Kenya Application
To apply for an eVisa for Kenya, applicants are required to have a current passport, email address and a credit card.
The information provided in the online application such as name, date and place of birth, gender, address, nationality and passport number, needs to be exactly the same as shown in the passport or legal travel document.
To apply for eVisa Republic of Kenya, eligible applicants may submit their eVisa online application here.